Press digest "Bibliography - a look into the future"
We offer to view the press release of the fourth-digest dedicated to bibliographic library activities. The collection includes articles from foreign scientific publications periodical.
Department of Information and Bibliographic Work
Library essay with coffee taste
Between 14-17 of September, in last, summer like warm days the VII Lviv Library Forum "Modern Library in a changing world." took place in one of Ukraine`s most wonderful cities.
The forum was organized by Ukrainian Library Association, NGO "Forum of Publishers", and the Scientific Library of Lviv National University. Ivan Franko Lviv Regional Library for Children, with financial support from the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine and the assistance of the US Embassy in Ukraine.
Managers and leading library professionals, scientists, academics, publishers, authors, members and partners of the Ukrainian Library Association traditionally gather in Lviv for the seventh successive year, to communicate, exchange experiences, actively participate in the discussion of library activities in a new dimension, to share new ideas, create new projects. Experts from the National Library of Poland, Belarus, Moldova, and Lithuania attended the library forum. In total there were more than 150 people.
Scientific library of CNUT was represented by N. A. Karpenko, the head of the Department. Additional info is available here...
Happy Educators' Day!
This holiday is a particular one since it has to do with each person's life, his or her education, becoming a personality.
On account of teacher`s efforts a future of our region and the whole country is created. We wish you good health, inspiration and well-being for your families, the successful realizations of the plans.
May all the problems and confusions pass you by, and the fate enriches vital energy, inspiration and present joy!
Sincerely, the Scientific Library of CNUT
The Calendar Of Remarkable And Memorable Events. September 12
This day marks 95 years since the birth of Stanislaw Lem.
A prominent science fiction writer of Jewish origin, author of novels, satirist, philosopher and futurist Stanislaw Lem was born on Monday, September 12, 1921 in Lviv (str. Lepky, 4). The most popular Polish writer according to the number of languages (about 40!), whose works has been translated.
Read more: “ the " fantastic "soul" from Lviv"
- "Ignorance of the day of my death makes me almost immortal."
- "A question is always a desire to understand."
- "Nowadays it is very dangerous to be a man."
- •"We do not want to conquer space; we only seek to extend its boundaries to the Earth." Stanislaw Lem
Cordial Congratulations from the Staff of the Scientific Library!
Dear teachers, students, the staff of Chernihiv National University of Technology CUNT!
Congratulations on the start of the new academic year and the Knowledge Day! We wish you all good health; for students we wish an inexhaustible energy in obtaining new knowledge, and for teachers –energy in hard daily work. May the holiday be heartwarming and bring good mood in every family!
Ukraine's Independence Day
August 24, all Ukraine, all the Ukrainian people celebrate the great holiday - the 25th anniversary of the proclamation of independence, when the age-old dream of our ancestors came true- to be masters of their rich, beautiful Ukrainian soil.
On account of the Independence Day of Ukraine Scientific Library of CHNTU has prepared:
- virtual exhibition "Independence: the historical view";
- a book exhibition "Ukraine: The Road to Independence";
- а new edition of "virtual bookshelf", "the Future Feeling" (Overview of modern Ukrainian literature).
Thematic Web browser:
- Five attempts of Ukraine to declare independence from the Central Rada to the OUN.
- A quarter of a century seems to have flown as one day. Jubilee - is always an occasion to remember how it all happened. Ukrinform project is dedicated to the anniversary of Independence of Ukraine: "Independence: 25 years in 25 days".
- The exhibition devoted to the anniversary of Ukraine`s Independence, the documents from the funds of TSDIAK Ukraine, who witnessed the events, which have become important milestones in the formation of Ukrainian statehood.
- A 1,5 minute video reflects the history of Ukraine. It starts with the birth of a child, which symbolizes the emergence of Ukraine; and ends with the words: "Protect it and be the master of your own land Ukraine. Born Free".
- Ukraine from A to Z - is the passport of our people, reflecting its history. We must remember, since a person and people have no future without a past.
- 20 pictures that demonstrate the striking beauty of our country.
Holidays of Ukrainian people
Holy Savior Feast Day has prepared everything in store!
August is the most generous and fruitful month of the year, and on this month favorite holidays are celebrated popularly.
The first is called the Honey Spas or Makoveev that is celebrated on August 14. On Honey Spas day churches commemorate Salomeia and her seven sons Maccabees killed for their faith. Ukrainians sanctify special bouquets “Maccabees” flowers with poppy heads, marigold, mint, calendula, thyme. This holiday is called Honey Spas since at that time people collect honey from the hives.
August 19 is the feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord, or the Second Savior Feast. It is celebrated as the memory of the great event in Christ`s life, when He reveled His divine essence to His followers. On this feast according to the ancient custom people sanctify pears, apples, honey, wreaths or a bundle of ears of rye and wheat. Therefore, they call this day Apple Spas [Transfiguration Day].
The Third Savior Feast Day is celebrated on August 29. On this day, we honor the transfer from Edessa to Constantinople Ubrus, our Lord Jesus Christ`s image on was reflected the cloth. People call it Bread or Nut Spas, because its celebration time coincides with the end of the harvest period and collection of hazelnuts. That is why the main dish on the Nut Spas is a festive loaf of fresh bread. Surely, at that day they put honey, apples and nuts on tables as well.
You can read further about the traditions and customs of Ukrainian people in the books from the Scientific Library of Chernihiv National University of Technology (CUNT).
New on website!
Heading: Research support
- Pedagogics: specialized scientific publications in the national and international scientometric, abstract databases.
- Biology: specialized scientific publications in the national and international scientometric, abstract databases.
- Chemistry: specialized scientific publications in the national and international scientometric, abstract databases.
To the attention of poetry lovers!
The Scientific Library presents a poetry collection “On the wings of inspiration”.
This publication is a creative output of students as well as of the faculty, staff and the alumni of Chernihiv National University of Technology participating in the Literary Studio “Snowdrop” and the creative studio “Gaudeamus”.
The publication is dedicated to the 55th anniversary of the education establishment.
To get the poetry collection please contact the Editing and Publishing Department of the University (building 1, room 310).
Contacts: 3 m -03-30; 3-40-79; 063-36-37-366.
The EU Information Centre
May 24 the EU Information Centre is opened at the Chernihiv National University of Technology. Jurgis Vilcinskas (Yurgis Vilchinskas), Head of Press and Communication at the EU Delegation in Ukraine was present at the opening ceremony. From now on, everyone can visit the Scientific Library of CHUNT to get acquainted with the documents, basic information about the European Union policy.
“The European Union: History, Present and Future” – where a selection of references to the sites that most substantially reveals the information about the European Union, its history and the relationship with Ukraine.
New on website!
Scientific Library of Chernihiv National University of Technology introduces:
Virtual book exhibition “Germany: From the Past to the Present”;
Themed web browser “Window to Germany”.
The Calendar Of Remarkable And Memorable Events
May 8 -- The Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation
Our country officially marked this date for the first time last year and thus initiated a new tradition of celebrating May 8 and 9 in the European spirit of Remembrance and Reconciliation under the slogan “1939-1945. Remembering. Winning.”
Ukraine on May 9 celebrates the Day of the victory over Nazism in the World War II of 1939-1945.
On account of May holidays the Science Library staff of Chernihiv National University of Technology prepared a series of activities:
- Virtual book exhibition “Remembering. Being Proud. Winning!”
- A selection of videos dedicated to World War II.
- Virtual Exhibition “Commemorating feats and courage.” the Science Library staff of Chernihiv National University of Technology honored the memory of their relatives - those approaching victory at the front and in the rear.
- Annotated bibliography “Chernihiv - Unbowed Region.”
The Calendar Of Remarkable And Memorable Events
2016 is declared as the Year of honoring liquidators of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power station and commemorating the victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster
April 26 – a Day of Remembrance of the largest man-made disaster and of the heroism of the firefighters, military personnel, builders, scientists and physicians who participated in the liquidation of consequences of the Chernobyl accident. 30 years have passed since the Chernobyl tragedy, but the act of bravery of these people is eternally recorded in the memorial of human courage, it will remain forever in memory of Ukrainian people.
A Library Collaboration
At the request of the Scientific Library of Donetsk National Technical University, which is currently being evacuated to Krasnoarmeysk, Donetsk region, scientific library of CHNTU with the help of volunteer charitable foundation "Wings of the Phoenix" Irina Timofeeva selected and sent 58 titles of educational and scientific literature.
March 24 by e-mail the Director of our library Tatarenko LS received a letter: "Good afternoon, dear Lena Romanova! We got Your book exchange fund. It was a great opportunity for us to replenish our funds. Thank You for understanding our situation and for the charities, which helped to get the parcel." Sincerely, Anna Petrova, the Director of NTB DonNTU».
The WEB-SITE is under construction!