Happy Birthday, Chernihiv!
Our city is considered to be one of the oldest cities in Ukraine - it was founded before the baptism of Kievan Rus.
Over its 1300-year history, Chernihiv has experienced many periods of decline and recovery. Today it is a unique city where antiquity and modernity are incredibly intertwined. The city’s birthday is celebrated on September 21. On this day in 1943, Soviet troops liberated Chernihiv from Nazi invaders.
To the City Day the Scientific Library of the National Technical University offers:
- video-trip "Chernihiv - the pearl of Ukraine": a virtual trip to the most charming places;
- bibliographic list of literature "Chernihiv's liberation from fascist occupation";
- photo collections "Our Chernihiv", "Old Chernihiv" (rubric "World through the eyes of a librarian");
- an exhibition of one book "The particles of their souls remain here ...";
- photo tour "Ancient Chernihiv";
- "Trails of the native land" is a section of the web resource of the library "Unique Chernihiv region".
- quiz "Native Chernihiv region"